How to create an e-commerce?
Nowadays having an online shop is like have a new activity, a business by yourself. You can do it anytime you prefer, at any hours, by day, by night, you can have your activity everywhere in the world, but it doesn’t mean you don’t have to spend hours by working on it.
Actually, you need to focus on this task more than you can think. It could seem so simple, but it’s not.
You should have a clear idea of what are you going to create, about the products you want to sell, about the variations of these products, localization of the markets, methods of shipping and payments and, obviously, you have to explore the different software solutions you can find on the internet.
Here you the first steps you have to follow, before starting your online activity and before building your e-shop:
– create a map of your products
– catalogue your products (by dividing them into different categories, by colors, size, or depending on different criteria you can have)
– choose the right name for your online shop: by considering SEO criteria on search engines, choose an easy name that people (and customers) can remember easily, choose a name related to the field and market of your kind of products
– choose the right template, fonts (for your contents and descriptions) that could be consistent to your style and products
– take good photos (or if you have some good images you can use them) of your products, from different point of views, with different lights: the most important thing is that they have to be uniform and look in a quite similar style
Then, in general, try to be logical and well-organized: your e-commerce has to be easily understood by your customers, they have to reach easily what they’re looking for. This is the first step to sell.